People have always given more importance to breakfast and lunch over dinner. All mostly ignore dinner, but, it has several essential functions. Healthy dinner provides fuel to the body after the long and tiring day. After having dinner, people mostly don’t eat anything for mostly ten hours. So, the dinner must be designed in such a way to provide glucose to the body the whole night. The night is the time when the level of sugar falls, and people get up from sleep. This event leads to insomnia. Dinner must be light but comprises protein and carbohydrates. Everyone in this world must adapt to the healthy dinner recipes. Recipes must be such which can keep the body energized. We shall discuss some healthy dinner recipes later here. First, it is essential to keep in mind some mistakes not to be done while consuming dinner.
Tips On How To Eat Dinner
- Everyone must relax and eat dinner slowly. When in stress, the body faces difficulties in digesting the nutrients from the food properly. So sit back and chew the food slowly.
- You must taste and enjoy the food. As such, it becomes easy to absorb more nutrients from food.
- You must not consume dinner late in the evening.
- Avoid stimulants like alcohol and caffeine while eating dinner. These stimulants will result in less sleep.
- Avoid fatty food late in the night. They are hard to digest and break down. They may result in a poor quality of sleep.
Southwestern Zucchini Noodle Bowls
- One shallot
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- One garlic clove
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Two zucchini
- One ear corn
- One can black beans
- 1 cup cherry
- ¼ onion
- One avocado
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- For cilantro lime vinaigrette- add shallot, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, red wine, and olive oil in a blender and blend it.
- Char the corn- brush the corn with olive oil and grill it. Later, remove the corn kernels.
- For assembling the zucchini noodle- put zucchini noodles in a bowl and top it with charred corn kernels, black beans, tomatoes, avocado slices, onion, and queso fresco. Drizzle some lime and vinaigrette and toss and serve.
Chicken And Rice Skillet
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Four slices of bacon
- Four chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. milk
- One garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 17 oz. brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Cook the bacon in a pan. Add some olive oil to cook it.
- Remove bacon and add chicken in the same oil and cook it. Season the chicken and keep aside.
- Mix milk, garlic, and lemon juice in the skillet and stir.
- Now, add boiled brown rice in the skillet and cook it with milk mixture after some time add spinach, tomatoes, and bacon in it.
- Once everything is cooked, add chicken in it. It’s ready.
You should never skip dinner. Like other meals, this meal is also equally important. Keep it simple and healthy and enjoy it with the whole family.